Latest ESBNET News @ : 25/11/2020 14:21:29
Wednesday 25th November 2020 14:21
Cast your vote to decide on the best Engineering Endeavour of 2020 /
Engineers Ireland together with ESB are calling on members of the public to cast their vote to select the ‘Engineering Endeavour of 2020’ from six engineering projects shortlisted as part of the Engineering Excellence Digital Series. Voting closes at midnight on Friday, 11 December. The six shortlisted projects are:
• N25 New Ross Bypass PPP incorporating the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Bridge over the River Barrow, a joint entry from Arup and CFCSL (Designers), BAM and Dragados (Contractors)
• The Coastal Mobility Route by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council with project partners, Clonmel Enterprises and the National Transport Authority
• The COVID Alliance – How Ireland’s engineers rallied to the COVID-19 emergency by The COVID Alliance, comprising of over 50 commercial, academic and state organisations
• I-Form’s Rapid Response Digital Manufacturing Hub by I-Form, the SFI Research Centre for Advanced Manufacturing • ADVANCER Project by Thermo King and Trane Technologies
• Coppermills Water Treatment Works New Roughing Filters – The innovative use of collaboration and digital engineering tools to protect London’s water supply by Irish engineering company, EPS Group in collaboration with Thames Water; Skanska, MWH and Balfour Beatty (SMB)
Simply follow https://www.engineersireland.ie/Professionals/Events/Featured-events/Excellence-Awards/Engineering-Excellence-Digital-Series to watch the videos and have your say before midnight on Friday 11 December!
The Engineers Ireland Engineering Excellence Digital Series is held in association with ESB and supported by Accenture and Geoscience Ireland.
Farewell & Thanks
John McGloin is retiring /
Our friend and colleague John McGloin (MSS – Sligo) had decided to call time on his ESB Career and move to the next chapter in his life. John will retire on the 27th of November.
John had a varied career in ESB and spent the last few years in Supply Chain Networks Support. We would like to thank John for his excellent work and commitment over the years and wish John health and happiness on his retirement.
Health, Safety & Wellbeing
POWR will be removed at the end of December 2020 /
On the 31st of December access to the ESB Wellbeing platform POWR will cease. Notifications will be sent out through POWR in early December.
Planning for the introduction of a new app based platform in Q1 2021 is underway. More details will follow early in the new year.
Death of Garry Tucker, brother of Robert, ESB Networks / Jacinta Ryan
The death has occurred of Garry Tucker, brother of our colleague and friend, Robert Tucker, ESB Networks. Peacefully, in the exceptional care of the I.C.U., University Hospital, Limerick.
Our thoughts are with Robert and his family at this very sad time. May he rest in peace. https://rip.ie/death-notice/garry-tucker-limerick-city-limerick/439998
Death of Joey Burke, father of Sharon, CS / Aoife Ryan
The death has occurred of the late Joey Burke, late of Mountain View Drive (21st November 2020) suddenly, in The Mater Hostipal. Sadly missed by his beloved wife May, his loving daughters Sharon, Tammy, Debbie, and Jacqui, his loving grandchildren Chlöe, Jamie, Josh, Matthew, Holly and Mollie, son-in-law David and partners Robbie, Jason and Alan and sisters, extended family and a large circle of friends.
May He Rest in Peace Reposing at the family home on Wednesday between (4pm to 7pm). A private funeral Mass will take place on Friday (27th November) in Church of the Good Shepherd at 10am, followed by funeral to Mount Jerome Cemetery for cremation.