As ESB drive towards achieving Net Zero by 2040 our preferred communication is digital. This helps us to ensure we can process your claims as quickly as possible and in a sustainable way. Please do email your claims to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, staff number and telephone number in the body of the email.
If you do not have access to email, you can submit your claim to ESB Head Office, Medical Benefit Scheme, 27 Fitzwilliam Street Lower, Dublin, D02 KT92. In the case where a claim does not meet the criteria outlined, your claim will not be returned by post. Rest assured, we will contact you by phone to advise. Do keep a copy of your receipt/invoice for your own records.
Claim MUST be submitted within six (6) months of treatment/ purchase. Claims will NOT be paid in respect of receipts which arrive beyond this period.
Benevolent Fund Members are required to contact their local Representative regarding their claim.
Who is entitled to ESB Medical Benefits?
The following groups are entitled to the main ESB Medical Benefits (Optical/Dental/Hearing Aid)
- Current staff who are members of ESB Superannuation Scheme and are paying PRSI Class D contributions
- ESB pensioners who have paid Class D PRSI contributions in employment
- Staff on VSS with ongoing pay who are paying PRSI Class K contributions, except those who are paying PRSI Class A contributions in another employment
- Spouses of the above, except those qualified in their own right for Medical Benefits from Department of Social Protection
- Children of the above under 16 years of age
- Staff on other PRSI classes (e. g. Class A) have a corresponding entitlement from the Department of Social Protection and are not entitled to claim ESB Medical Benefits
The following limits apply when making a claim:
- Dental Claims – Once per calendar year
- Optical Claims – Every 2nd calendar year
- Hearing Aids – Every 4th calendar year
Making a Claim
Forms are no longer required to make a claim.
Itemised receipt must be submitted. It must clearly state claimants name, address and date of treatment. Receipt must also show cost of exam, cost of scale & polish or periodontal treatment, no other treatment is covered. Please include your telephone number in correspondence.
Itemised receipt must be submitted. It must clearly state claimants name, address and date of treatment. Receipt must also show cost of eye test, cost of lens and type of lens purchased. Please include your telephone number in correspondence.
OCT tests are not covered by Medical Benefits.
Itemised invoice must be submitted. It must clearly state claimants name, address and date of treatment. Invoice must also show Left ear and Right ear and/or cost for both, if applicable. Please include your telephone number in correspondence.