Who is entitled to ESB Medical Benefits?
The following groups are entitled to the main ESB Medical Benefits (Optical/Dental/Hearing Aid)
- Current staff who are members of ESB Superannuation Scheme and are paying PRSI Class D contributions
- ESB pensioners who have paid Class D PRSI contributions in employment
- Staff on VSS with ongoing pay who are paying PRSI Class K contributions, except those who are paying PRSI Class A contributions in another employment
- Spouses of the above, except those qualified in their own right for Medical Benefits from Department of Social Protection
- Children of the above under 16 years of age
- Staff on other PRSI classes (e. g. Class A) have a corresponding entitlement from the Department of Social Protection and are not entitled to claim ESB Medical Benefits.
Making a Claim
All claims should be submitted on the correct Claim on ESB Medical Benefits’ form, completed both by yourself and your Optician/Dentist, and accompanied by a separate receipt.
Please note that the following limits apply when making a claim:
- Dental Claims – Once per calendar year
- Optical Claims – Every 2nd calendar year
- Hearing Aids – Every 4th calendar year
Completed Claim Forms should be sent to:
39-43 Merrion Square East
Dental Claims Form
Optical Hearing Benefit